Monday, August 3, 2009

Washington NABC weekend 2

That was a fun weekend even if we won only 3 masterpoints in 6 sessions and I played the worst bridge I've played in years. I had my moody spells, mostly on the way there, I guess just being nervous about the whole thing. It's totally out of character for me to on a whim decide to go and spend a weekend with someone I had just met. I didn't even know Mila's last name until I found her on facebook the night before going back. We got to play against Bill Gates in our second session. I probably never would have even attempted to have a conversation with him (at least not any more than I would with some random bridge player), but Mila really took the initiative and talked with him for quite awhile. I was impressed. We then played in the National Open Swiss Saturday with Angela Collura and her dad. So, I guess we didn't actually expect to make the cut but after 1 session we were in good shape with 42 VP on 40 average. the evening session was really horrible for Mila and I. We managed only 7 more VPs, probably because we were both thinking too much about what we were going to do after the game. ;)

Anyway, I have no bridge hands to share yet, but they will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment