Monday, October 26, 2009

Swiss Team Slump

I've typically had very good results in Swiss team games. It is my least favorite form of scoring but I have almost always placed overall in A. Lately, however, that has not been the case at all.

Okay, so I probably shouldn't count the attempt at the NABC Swiss at the summer nationals, although we were above average after 1 session. At the Macon sectional playing with Megan, we had a somewhat miserable day and just missed placing overall, but at a sectional with Patrick and Ann Hedden as teammates, I would have expected to be in the top 4. At the Atlanta regional with Bryan, Emory, and Joel, we had another bad performance. It was very tough competition but we are certainly capable of winning even in flight A Swiss at the 2nd biggest regional in the country. At the Long Island tournament, Mila and I with a pick-up partnership struggled in flight B. Then at the Athens sectional a couple of weeks ago, Sean and I playing with Megan and Patrick had a truly miserable day at the bridge table. Before we even started playing, the signs were there that it would be a bad day. finally in the last round, things started looking up again, but it's awfully hard to recover after getting 16 VPs though 4 rounds (out of 80 possible). Anyway, hopefully this weekend, I'll have more success in swiss teams that I've had lately. I'll be playing with Emory and Bob Heller and David Klein. We should do well unless they are frustrated or tired from being there all week and I'm not going until Friday.

1 comment:

  1. You are too polite to point out that we played pretty miserably ourselves! At least on Sunday.

    Email me and Megan about carpooling to Spartanburg.

    ReplyDelete