Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beer Squeeze

From the Swiss team game today, this was one hand of particular
interest to me. 7C is virtually cold but it's awfully hard to get
there after it's 2H-P-3H to me. I just bid 3NT and that ended the
bidding. In NT there are only 11 tricks but sans heart lead I was
able to squeeze lho for a 12th trick.
Txxx
x
xx
AJxxxx

AK
ATx
AK7x
KTxx


Lho, not unreasonably fearful of leading into my AQ, started with a spade. I started by ducking a diamond. Unfortunately for them, I was able to cash all my winners except diamonds and on the last club, rho had to make dummy's spade ten good or let go of a diamond, making my 7 good to win trick 13.

1 comment:

  1. This squeeze could have been broken...duck a diamond, back a diamond. RHO can throw the hearts away now. When you cross back to hand, at that point RHO can safely let go of spade.

    ReplyDelete