Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 4th Atlanta super sectional

So, I played with Coberly for the first time in over a year. 4 sessions at the Atlanta sectional. We didn't play very badly and he was behaving well for the most part, but I definitely remember why I quit playing with him. We had some okay results - low overalls in the A/X Swiss with the Sherwoods.

Since I moved out of atlanta 2 years ago, I guess I haven't realized that some of these youth bridge players have gotten good. Sean Gannon, Zandy Rizzo, Richard and Andrew Jeng, mainly. All of them I am told are close to being life masters already. I should make more of an effort to talk to them and be a good role model. I mean, as a slightly older and experienced junior player, I'm probably someone they look up to, at least as far as how to act as a bridge player. I want to set an example of a person with humbleness and interest in teaching others and spreading my knowledge. There are a lot of junior bridge players, whose names I'm not going to mention here, that are very arrogrant, don't want to teach anybody, and are simply annoying to be around at the bridge table. That's not good. Do they not care if there are any other people learning this game? Anyway, I don't want to see these up and coming youth players to become arrogant when they get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment