Friday, October 11, 2013

College Football rankings after Week 6

Alright, here are my college football computer rankings through week 6. I dislike that my computer has such a strong bias toward UGA, ranking them at #2, despite having a loss and overtime win against Tennessee. They have played the toughest schedule so far, with a strength of schedule rating of .720 (the average of .475 because of the FCS teams that are opponents but are not included in the rankings). There isn't much agreement between the AP poll and my computer but as Alabama and Oregon play and beat tougher competition, they will climb up to be more in line with the human polls.

It's interesting to note that my computer is picking Missouri to knock off Georgia 35-33 in Athens. I checked the formulas. They're all correct - it just gave the Dawgs some major negative momentum after struggling with Tennessee last week. Other notable predictions: BYU 30, GT 26. LSU 30, Florida 23. Alabama 37, Kentucky 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment