Sunday, March 20, 2011

Columbia SC fun

In October, I went to Columbia for the regional and it was the first time I had even gone through the city since their regional in 2006. But since the October 2010 regional, I haven't passed up an opportunity to go there - on the way to/from other tournaments in the Carolinas and even the ACC championship game in December.

The sectional I went to this weekend with David was nice with 3 exceptions: our Swiss teammates were less than stellar, there were no prizes for winning and worst of all the $6 lunch Sunday was a joke (and for about 30 of the 120 people, there was no lunch).

Fortunately we had a huge and delicious breakfast at the Embassy Suites and it left me nice and hungry for chipotle after the game. The Embassy Suites also has unlimited free alcohol from 5:30 to 7:30. And this embassy suites was conveniently located across the street from my favorite bar in Columbia. The ridiculous price i paid for this place: $55/night including taxes, thanks to priceline, about $90/night less than the regular cost.

While I basically dislike the 10 & 3 Saturday schedule, it is good for times like this when I have non-bridge-playing friends i want to visit.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment