Thursday, January 5, 2012

BAM BAM

This was our 9th board in the BAM that we won with a 20.5 out of 24. I'm not sure I agree with any of the bidding but it was a double game swing in our favor. I disobeyed the rule about passing when the opponents have passed a forcing bid but this was quite the exception.
 
Dealer: S
Vul: none
North
A543
2
AK983
A64
West
T982
AKQJT543
2
-
East
J
987
T765
K9852
South
KQ76
6
QJ4
QJT73
 
East
South
West
North
-
1
X
1
Pass
Pass
4
X
Pass
Pass
Pass
 
There was nothing to the play in 4. After taking trick 1, the spade shift held me to 4 (8 heart tricks and 2 ruffs in dummy). I don't remember the auction at our teammates' table but they were able to find 4 and just make it. 4 is probably a better bid with my hand (west), at least on this deal. North will surely double but it would be hard to bid 4 over that since most people don't play negative doubles that high. At this point in the round, we were a perfect 9 for 9. If south has just raised to 2 like a normal person, north would have a clear 4 bid (if not more) and we would have had to bid 5 (and one of us surely would) to win the board. I like Board-a-match!

No comments:

Post a Comment