Sunday, March 11, 2012

Charlotte sectional recap

I'm on the drive home from Charlotte, where Sean and I played in our warmup tournament for the NABC next week. Although, calling it a warmup is barely accurate because there were no imp pair or midchart games so we weren't even playing our regular system.

It was my first time at a Charlotte sectional and was equivalently as nice if not nicer than their regionals. The food was good, playing space pleasant. The park right outside made for more pleasant breaks. Our results were meh - just scratched in pairs Saturday and finished 3rd or 4th in the Swiss with 40 or so teams.

I've been a big proponent of late starting times and have previously tried to avoid tournaments with only 2 sessions at 10 and 3 or something similar. I think I'm changing my opinion if this, especially if tournaments will make a habit of providing fruit, donuts, and biscuits to snack on throughout the morning session (as Charlotte had), thereby eliminating the need to wake up even earlier to get breakfast. Getting up for a 10:00 game is still a bit tough but once up, I think I like being able to do things like team trivia over dinner.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment