Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Adventure

The trip to Spartanburg for the D7 NAP finals was fun, although the bridge was not good for my partner or me. A pair of 65% games were there for us if Sean and I played decent, but I could tell that it was going to be bad from the beginning when I misdefended 3 times in the same hand to let them bid 3NT and make 6. The opening lead was unfortunate, but probably common, then I didn't split the KQ of hearts, but we still would have held him to 5 if I had paid more attention to partner's discards at the end. It was the kind of day where people gave us tops and then we gave them right back to finish the flight B NAP with a mediocre and disappointing 53.9%.

We had spent so much time discussing our system and having clever little bids, non of which came up. Lots of 12-15 NT openings but very few canape openings.

I may post some hands over the weekend but I'm kind of busy with rehearsing for a play the 2nd week of December. Except for the fall nationals, I'm pretty much done with bridge until after Christmas. It's been a long time since I've done well at a bridge tournament and I need a new adventure.

To read about my thoughts on this play I am in and other travel and relationship adventures in my life, check out Je Veux Voyager.

No comments:

Post a Comment