Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It’s not very often that someone comes to a small sectional tournament without a partner, especially someone the caliber of Dana Berkowitz. But it does happen, and that’s precisely why tournament organizers have people on standby to make sure people who show up without a partner or whose partner stood them up can still play. For that, Sandy Barrow and Tom Wight deserve some credit.

I’m so glad Sean brought Dana down from Atlanta, and I’m glad I had room for them both in my house. It was a fun 3 days. I just wish I could have gotten Dana a better partner. But still 7+ masterpoints in 2 days playing with pick-up partners who I must say are below average, even for middle Georgia standards. I was thoroughly impressed with Dana. Hopefully it’ll be the start of something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment