Monday, April 26, 2010

Last weekend in bridge

This past weekend was a good one in bridge for me. I averaged .7imps/board in 135 imps hands and 56% in 48 matchpoint hands, 38 online with Sean, 24 with Sean at the Atlanta club Sunday night, 35 online with Giorgia, 20 online with randoms, and the rest online with Gideon. It wasn’t too long ago that I would get sad when I spent a Friday night eating out alone and then sitting at my computer the rest of the night. In January, I started enjoying it but regularly got quite frustrated with various things.

 

Last night, Sean and I had an interesting session – I thought we would be well into the 60’s but only were 56%. There were 3 “beer” opportunities, and I apparently botched all 3 of them. I will write about them in the next couple of days when I get some free time, which looks like it might be hard to find this week. Actually, one of the beer hands was in the hand I posted earlier today. Near the end of the hand, declarer played a diamond to her K and my A, and instead of cashing spades and then leading a diamond to Sean’s Q and 7, I led a diamond back so he had to let me win a spade at trick 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment